Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Golf4Fun and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Golf4Fun is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy provides you with information about:
- How we use your data,
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained, and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Golf4Fun uses your personal data:
- To provide services around event organization to you,
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us,
- To verify your identity
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about events, promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you,
- For market research purposes – to better understand your needs, and
- To enable Golf4Fun to manage customer service interactions with you.
Events and Promotional communications
Golf4Fun uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
Golf4Fun aims to update you about events which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
- Contacting Golf4Fun via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data for Event Organization purposes.
In general, Golf4Fun will only share the minimum information with any venue or 3rd party that is necessary to secure a booking for the events we organize; in case of individual competitions (e.g. Singles Knockout) to enable the two members involved to contact each other electronically. In general this is limited to the information which is captured when you register for the individual event, restricted to enable the two parties to communicate with each other when necessary and typically limited to:
- your Full Name
- your Home Golf Club
- your HCP
- your email address
- your phone number
Sharing data with Sponsors
Golf4Fun does not share your personal data with Sponsors of the Gol4Fun Tournament Series without your consent. In the event it is requested and you give that consent, we put you in electronic contact with the Sponsor directly and limit the information shared to your name and your email address. Golf4Fun plays no part in any subsequent direct relationship between you and that Sponsor, nor does Golf4Fun have any direct responsibilities around how that Sponsor manages your data.
Sharing data with Official Partners of Golf4Fun
In the event you Register for a “Partner Offer” with one of our current sponsors and there is a need to put you in contact electronically with that sponsor, Golf4Fun will put you in touch with that Sponsor directly and limit the information shared to your name and your email address. Golf4Fun plays no part in any subsequent direct relationship between you and that Sponsor, nor does Golf4Fun have any direct responsibilities around how that Sponsor manages your data.
Other third parties
Besides Official Partners, Golf4Fun will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations,
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Golf4Fun may collect the following information about you:
- Your name,
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address,
- Event registrations made by you for events organized by Golf4Fun,
- Your communication and marketing preferences,
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses,
- Your location,
- Your correspondence and communications with Golf4Fun.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you register for an event or send an email to our customer services team.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Golf4Fun is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We do not share your data with anyone other than for the purposes of event organization.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge,
- The right as set out above, to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on info(at)golf4fun.ch and we will be pleased to respond to you personally on email and answer your request.
Golf4Fun collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below).
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or SMS text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Golf4Fun, including:
- Organizing events for our customers,
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services,
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering our Gold Membership scheme),
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services,
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations,
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes,
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how Golf4Fun uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- E-mail us at:info(at)golf4fun.ch
This policy was last updated in May 2018
Cookies are small data files automatically downloaded from to your browser when you visit certain websites. Cookies on the browser are presented to the website on each return visit as a way of ‘remembering’ your browser and device and provide you with a better website experience. Cookies can collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour, including information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website.
Note that cookies in themselves do not identify you as the end-user, just the computer or mobile device that you are using via a randomly generated identification tag.
How to manage or opt out of Cookies
If you wish to disable Cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject Cookies. There are different instructions to do this depending on browser vendor and software release version.
www.aboutcookies.org gives full details of how to manage Cookies on different types of web browser. You can find more information about Cookies at:
http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoice.eu
After disabling Cookies, the website may not operate properly.