Terms and Conditions of Tournament Participation 2020
- Participants in Golf4Fun tournaments must be able to provide a valid Golf Club membership and up to date HCP certificate at any Golf4Fun tournament. Golf4Fun doesn’t not provide HCP tracking/updates. All participants must have a membership of an official golf club in 2020 which is governed by the golf association of that jurisdiction; your chosen golf club will provide those services to maintain your HCP based on tournament results (ranking lists) over time. In the event of membership of a golf club outside of Switzerland, a golf HCP certificate from your golf club will be required if this is your 1st tournament event with Golf4Fun in the current year.
- Reservation is based on a first come first served basis; register early to avoid disappointment!
- Reservation is only confirmed after receipt of payment up to the maximum number of places per tournament.
- Registration for a specific tournament can only be done by filling in all the required information on the supplied registration form on the website (www.golf4fun.ch).
- Guests are welcome to join on tournament days; they must be pre-announced (by email to the organizer at least 7 days in advance of the tournament); In the event a guest joins for the apero then the costs for the apero must be paid in advance (costs will be advised by the organizer on email together with the payment details).
- In the event of cancellation the following charges apply:
- Tournament entry: Up to 6 days prior: full refund, 2 to 5 days: 70% of price (30% refund), 48 hours: 100% of price.
- In case of no-shows the entire fee will be charged.
- Golf4Fun reserves the right to change the offer due to unforeseen, unavoidable circumstances or force majeure.
- Players may be required to provide proof of HCP to the club on the morning of the tournament. Ensure you have your 2020 membership card (showing your starting HCP for 2020 at minimum) with you, or a print out from your clubs membership system which proves your current HCP. This remains the players’ responsibility.
- The player is responsible for letting the golf club know (on the morning of the tournament when they pick up their scorecard), if their HCP has changed since registration. Ensure your HCP and home club details are correct on the official Starting List. If not, have the secretariat at the golf club adjust your scorecard before heading out to the 1st tee
- Awarding of Prizes: Only those who attend the tournament prize ceremony in person are entitled to receive prizes. If the player does not attend in person, the prize is forfeit and passed to the next eligible player based on the published results.
- Rules of the R & A Golf Club, St. Andrews as well as EGA* and local club rules apply.
- Format: Single Stableford 18 holes, HCP relevant play.
- Final decisions about scoring reside with the Club.
- Flight captain to answer open questions during play.
- Handicap categories:
- The use of distance measuring devices subject to local rules of the club.
- The published starting lists are binding
- It is everyone’s own responsibility to have own private liability insurance.
- Membership of Golf4Fun and participation in events organized by Golf4Fun is at the sole discretion of the Tournament organiser
- All photographs taken by Golf4Fun photographer during tournaments/aperos are the property of Golf4Fun.
- In cases which money needs to be transferred back (or carried forward to another event) an admin charge of 10.- CHF applies.
- HCP Adjustment: Participants are responsible to inform their home golf club when their HCP has changed due to a tournament. To enable players to do this:
- Signed scorecards for a specific tournament need to be picked up from the organizer after the tournaments’ Prize Giving Apero.
- The ranking list will be available for download electronically, normally within 2 days of the results being published.
- Members governed by the CONGU handicaping system must provide a current handicap certificate for the current calendar year at the start of the seasons. Players are required to return overseas scores to their home clubs for annual review. Golf4Fun will apply an internal handicaping adjustment based on official Golf4Fun tournament results for those members.
- Members governed by any other golf federation besides EGA and CONGU: Players are required to return overseas scores to their home clubs for local HCP adjustment. In the event your golf club does not accept tournament results, Golf4Fun will apply an internal handicaping adjustment based on official Golf4Fun tournament results for those members.
- Golf4Fun reserves the right to impose a general participation ban and/or deduct points from a participants leaderboard score (depending on the circumstances) for the following:
- Breach of Rules of Play: A player breaches either the R & A rules or the local rules of a golf club.
- Falsified HCP certificates and/or club membership certificates.
- A player does not comply with the terms and conditions laid out here.
The Tournament Participation list is filled based on order of registration up to a maximum of 65 persons.
- All registrants will receive an email within 24 hours of registration. If you do not receive such an email:
- 1st check your spam folder
- If no email is found in your spam folder, please send an email to email@example.com with subject “Missing Registration Confirmation Email” explaining the problem
- While the Tournament Participation List is not already full, upon registration the registrant will receive a “Registration Confirmation” email requesting payment. A space is pre-reserved for the registrant on the official Tournament Participation List for the period of time specified on their Registration Confirmation email to enable them to full fill the payment in the time specified.
- When the Tournament Participation List is already full, upon registration the registrant will receive a “Waitlist Confirmation” email and they will be added to the waiting list. The order of the waiting list is based on registration date. When a space becomes free on the Tournament Participation List, the 1st registrant on the waiting list will receive a Registration Confirmation email with their payment details (as per point 2).
- When payment is not received within the specified time period as stated on the Registration Confirmation email, the registration is cancelled.
In cases which money needs to be transferred back (or carried forward to another event) an admin charge of 10.- CHF applies.
* Official EGA (European Golf Association) rules for maintaining HCP of a player. The Swiss Golf Federation as well as most mainland European golf clubs are regulated by the EGA. If you are a member of a foreign golf club you will need to check with them the correct procedure to keep your HCP up to date to reflect Golf4Fun tournament results. Membership of a foreign golf club is accepted by Golf4Fun only when the golf club is licensed by the official golf federation of the jurisdiction where the golf club exists; members of such clubs must provide proof of 2019 membership and their current exact playing HCP.