2020 Golf4Fun Singles Knockout Competition
Registration for 2020 Golf4Fun Singles Knockout Competition are is now open.
Match play is a whole different game than stroke play. In stroke play, golfers accumulate strokes over the course of 18 holes. The golfer with the fewest strokes at the completion of the round wins. In match play, each hole is a separate competition. The player with the fewest strokes on an individual hole wins that hole; the player winning the most holes wins the match. The stroke total for 18 holes simply doesn’t matter in match play. Stroke play is more a player vs. the course approach; match play is directly player vs. player, or side vs. side. There is one opponent you must beat, and that’s the opponent you’re facing in the match you’re playing right now.
* Category 1, HCP 0 – HCP 18.4
* Category 2, HCP 18.5 – HCP 54
* Round 1: 01.05.2020 – 31.05.2020
* Quater Final: 01.06.2020 – 30.06.2020
* Semi Final: 01.07.2020 – 31.07.2020
* Final: 01.08.2020 – 26.09.2020
* All matches must be completed by 8pm on the last date of each round.
Online Registration Closes 8pm 24th April 2020
In the event of free spaces being available after that date – Registration in person will be possible up until 5pm April 26th
* 15.- CHF participation fee, payable upon registration. Winnings split between 1st and 2nd placed players per category – 1st prize 60% of total participant fee (per category), 2nd prize 40%
* Normal green fee charges of golf club where match takes place.
Due to Covid-19 and the decision of the Federal Council on 16th March 2020, we unfortunately currently are not allowed to organize outdoor golfing events of any kind until further notice.
We are still hoping that we can restart our events in the second half of 2020. As soon as we know more about future events, we will keep you updated here and in our WhatsApp Group.
If anyone has some good suggestions for some virtual golfing events, please drop me an email as I am happy to look at such suggestions to help us all during our period of isolation.
Wishing everyone and their family, loved ones and friends good health in these extraordinary times.
Check out the standings for 2019: